Re: GNU Robots 0.76 is ready

Marius Vollmer writes:
 > "James F Hall"<jhall@accessmgmt.com> writes:
 >
 > > Please download it, and let me know what you think so far.
 >
 > I briefly looked over your web-pages and noticed that it doesn't have
 > any GUI, right?  You might want to look into gnome-guile and the Gnome
 > canvas widget for this.  Unfortunately, this would mean to install the
 > complete base libraries of Gnome just for using the canvas.

One of the robot proggies has a curses interface, but it is anchored in the C
part of the code.

(Reminds me to my bug-prone curses wrapper for guile ... guess I'll make it
show up on here next week)

So why would this not work for GUI in the place of tty graphics as well?
I.e. one would access the gtk library only by the C code, not by the scheme
code.

Are there general outlines when it is better to use a libguile wrapper over
UI libraries like curses or gtk, and when to hardcode the user interface in
C and just glue it to the rest of the program via libguile?

Klaus Schilling

btw. I got 5 copies of my own and Vollmer's post so far ... anyone else having
those problems or is there something wrong with my own or my provider's system?