Re: GNU Robots 0.76 is ready

:> :perhaps the developer has a ~/.guile (or similar) init file that
:> :defines `while'.
:>
:> Nope.  I don't have a ~/.guile file.  This is my environment:
:>
:> * Linux (Red Hat 5.1, "out of the box")
:> * GNU Guile 1.2
:
:I'm using some snapshot from spring. Maybe that's the origin of the
problem?
:Blandy inadvertently changed some startup code for guile.

Yes, that's probably the source of the problem.  I have gotten other
feedback
from people who are using Guile 1.2, and they report no problems.

:I do have while (though nowhere documented) in the standalone guile, but
it
:doesn't work with the scheme interpreter embedded in robot.

Did you try the Scheme code I posted a little while ago?  The sample
test.scm
program uses "while" to run the robot.  Try replacing the program with just
a "(robot-grab)" instruction and see if that does anything.

-Jim