Re: GNU Robots 0.76 is ready

James F Hall writes:

 > :perhaps the developer has a ~/.guile (or similar) init file that
 > :defines `while'.
 >
 > Nope.  I don't have a ~/.guile file.  This is my environment:
 >
 > * Linux (Red Hat 5.1, "out of the box")
 > * GNU Guile 1.2

I'm using some snapshot from spring. Maybe that's the origin of the problem?
Blandy inadvertently changed some startup code for guile.
(M.Stachowiak already complained about gh_enter no longer calling SCM_
boot_guile)
I do have while (though nowhere documented) in the standalone guile, but it
doesn't work with the scheme interpreter embedded in robot.

> * GNU Robots 0.76 (or 0.77)
 >

 > I used the "while" statement because I am learning Scheme by reading
 > the "tutorial" that comes with TI's "PC Scheme" program.  It had a
 > "while" statement, so I sort of assumed that was a Scheme primitive.
 > Hmmm.. maybe it's not.
It is in guile, but nowhere documented.

 > But why it works on my system and not Klaus's is confusing.  Anyone
 > know why there's a difference??

 The problem could be that the two guile versions are incompatible in bootup
 behaviour.

Klaus Schilling