Re: SCWM's embedded docs/text proc benchmarks/perl's 10x faster than guile.

    >> My attitude is that we already have a flexible documentation
    >> browser!  why abandon it?

    Perry> Because the only implementations of info I have aren't even
    Perry> as capable as Netscape for reading most kinds of

what?! are you joking?  You can't even *search* hierarchically with
netscape, much less jump to any node in the tree (with command line
completion)!

    >> of course, I'm not suggesting we *only* distribute info.  After
    >> all, there are translators out there.  But as long as I have
    >> access to info, I'm happy.

    Perry> We are planning on having a Docbook to Info translator.

well good.  At that time I would be all for docbook.  But right now
I'd write everything in info and auto-translate that to html.

-Lyn