Re: HTTP Server

>     To overcome this, I have written a HTTP server in Guile named
>     Shadow.  For a limited time, you can connect to it at:
>
>       http://www.cannonexpress.com:1080
>
>     This is assuming that it doesn't crash in the night due to an
>     overlooked bug.

I had a quick look and it seemed OK but it doesn't have any links
so I can't see it do very much :-(

Well here's my effort at a web server, it has a search engine
(admittedly with a rather limited database) and a few static pages too.
It even knows how to send compressed pages from browsers that know how
to cope with that (which I believe is only lynx).

http://triangle.ee.uts.edu.au:5000/

Source code for the server and the latest version of my SMOB code
is at the usual place, it has some malloc debugging code in, try to
ignore that if possible <grin>.

http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~telford/sample/guile/

I also put a binary compiled for win32 so that non-unix people can have
a go at guile. It was pretty hairy getting it to compile for win32 and
although I have posted the exact source code for my part of the code,
I couldn't get guile to compile without some savage removal of code
leaving a bit of a shambles of a source directory (which I haven't posted
but will if someone insists). I was using the `mingwin32' compiler,
maybe the `cygwin32' compiler would be easier <shrug>, I was trying to
avoid the overhead of the cygnus unix-compatability libraries.

With the way guile is changing, any binary that you distribute is
unlikely to have source for long. I know my win32 tree is out of date
with the latest snapshot but bringing it up to date in its hacked state
is probably more pain that it is worth <sigh>. Still it is unavoidable
if there is to be progress.

	- Tel