curses-based widget sets for guile

Now that I have set up partial guile bindings for ncurses (no colors, mouse,
resizing, multi-terminals, soft label keys and some other whistles/bells, just
about what python's curses module is able to do), I'm trying to write some
widget types for the textconsole.
(like radio-box, checklist etc.)

Anyone have an idea how they should be organized? Would an object system be
useful? Now I started to use Humenik's 'mos' , a very lightweight one.

I first wanted to write them in C and poke them through the gh interface, but
as there are only 255 smobs for disposal, I thought that would cause a problem
for some applications, when each widget type gets its own smob type. Or is
there a way around it? First experiments with my menu type showed that
it might load like a frozen snail.

Klaus Schilling