probably faqs

Hi!  I just recently started playing with Guile, and I have a couple of
questions.  Probably mostly FAQs, but I didn't see anything in any of
the docs I saw:
This is all with 1.2, btw.

1)  I notice guile has native threading (cool).  I take it that it is thread
    safe, ie I can use a process with multiple pthreads and have some of
    them use guile?  Anything I should know about?

2)  Does anyone have any information about C++ interfacing to guile?
    The fsf web page mentions that "Bill Nell has written a guile/C++
    interface system", but the link from the page doesn't work.
    In particular, when I tried a simple app just using the c bindings,
    I notice that there seems to be some "#ifdef __cplusplus extern C {"
    missing in the header files, so the compiler is assuming c++ linkage.

scm_boot_guile__FiPPcPFPviPPc_vPv   /var/tmp/cca003Ty1.o
gh_new_procedure4_0__FPcPFv_l       /var/tmp/cca003Ty1.o
gh_eval_file__FPc                   /var/tmp/cca003Ty1.o

    I suppose I could just build a wrapper file, compile with C and
    then call that, but that seems a little messy.  (Or, yes, I can
    just put my own "extern C" in the header files.)
    Should I check out SWIG?

3)  I've been thinking about using guile as a network interface, ie
    binding to a port and then passing the socket to guile, so that you can
    just telnet in and get the guile interpreter.  Is this feasable?  Has
    anyone done this?