Re: Guile and CORBA?

> Do bindings need to be guile-specific or can they be r*rs-oriented, with some
> addons for guile?

Well, it depends on how you go implementing it.  There are two sides
of the story:  the client side and the server side.

Client side support basically requires ORBit to get the Dynamic
Invocation Interface (we need a volunteer to help there) and the
server side requires the other side of the story, the dynamic skeleton
interface (DSI).

Now, the way this was done with the Perl bindings, is as follows: when
access to a CORBA interface is requested, the Interface Repository is
contacted (which we still do not have in ORBit, but should be trivial
to implement) and the interface definition is pulled from the server.

Once this is done, you have to tell the interpreter about the new
functions you have access to and these functions have to do the
Scheme parameters to DII marshalling, you have to do exactly the same
on the server side (but using DSI instead).

Someone mentioned me that there is a CORBA implemnetation for Emacs.
Do not know the details though.

Miguel.