HTML widget added to xguile.

I have just added bindings to XmHTML, the excellent GPLed HTML widget,
to my xscm port. It is trivial to do; just a few lines. It exports lots
and lots of convenience functions which I have not started on.

This raises all sorts of neat possiblities; e.g guile based web browser
(not quite sure what advantage there would be), integrated help
browser, display of dynamically generated hypertext (error messages
which include links to relevant sections of manual [what manual :-( ] ).

I am going to be away at conferences and so on for the next month. When I
get back from that I will try to

`a) get approval to release an update,
b) tidy the code up;
c) add some auto-make and configure stuff so it will build out of the box
on at least my own machine.

Current status is,

a) Most of xscm works as it did before.
b) I can build and run it as loadable library.
c) Have added bindings for sciplot and XmHTML widgets
d) Have modified version of NextEvent.o from Xt library, which now
interacts correctly with co-op threads, so you can have multiple threads
and a GUI. Because the widget libraries are not thread safe, you probably
have to restrict the GUI to one thread.

I have also tried (in the spirit of random experimentation) loading the xscm
library into a running scwm. That worked, but there was messy death when
I made a top level widget. Not surprising, but who knows - It Might Have
Just Worked.

Julian Satchell
<satchell@dera.gov.uk>