Re: Guile Startup Time Suggestion

    Andrew> It's worth pointing out that the machine is an
    Andrew> ancient 386 with 8 megs of RAM, so it's not the speediest,
    Andrew> especially when swapping.

 No wonder.

 My first Linux machine was a 486DX33 with 8 MB of RAM and a 540 MB
 caviar hard disk.  That machine took about 35-45 minutes to compile
 Linux 1.0.13.

 The AMD K6 233 I'm running now, with 128MB RAM and > 8GB of disk, can
 compile Linux 2.0.35 in about 7 minutes.

 I think you ought to look for a newer computer.