How to get arrays

I apologise in advance if there is a very obvious answer
to my question. I'm in the process of using guile to make
the computer player in xtron configurable, and this is my
first not-tiny use of guile.

My problem is this: I initialise guile from C and everything
seems OK. Then I try this:

  gh_eval_str("(display \"Testing\")");
  gh_eval_str("(newline)");
  gh_eval_str("(define board (make-array 0 200 200))");

When I run this I first get "Testing" printed out, like I
wanted. Then it says: "guile: Unbound variable: make-array".

What do I have to do to get make-array and friends bound?

It seems to be defined in boot-9.scm so I also tried inserting

  gh_eval_str("(use-modules (ice-9 boot-9))");

but then I just got "guile: Unbound variable: use-modules".

Please help me make xtron the best tron game in the world!
(gnomifying, net play and other goodies also planned...)

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
olet@ifi.uio.no   [-: .elOle. :-]   olet@debian.org