Re: usage note message

Maciej Stachowiak <mstachow@mit.edu> writes:

> (define-public debug-fvwm-module #f)
>
> _after_ the module declaration; the user will still be able to set!
> the debug level from his or her .scwmrc in that case.
>
> The reason we needed to do this the other, hackish, way for some
> different code is, I am afraid, somewhat obscure; it has to do with
> the variables being reference from C code. I think I know how to fix
> it though, and will probably do that soon, because it is really a
> gross hack.

Well, as you do fix this, it might be nice to introduce a macro for
user-exposed variables.  Ideally, such variables could have a docstring
that could be interrogated as well (like functions).  In
scwm/scheme/base.scm, e.g., I use ;;;**VAR to mark docstring comments on
variables, but this is not ideal.

Greg