Re: Scheme style auto-resizing hashtable (fwd)

>Hash tables don't maintain order of the keys. Dictionaries are in
alphabetical >order (last time I looked at a paper one was a while back).
You have to be a >little bit careful when freely associating concepts.

Paper dictionaries do tend to be in alphabetical order, but that is merely
an
implementation detail. The reason it is in alphabetical order is *not* so
you
can read all the entries in alphabetical order, but rather to facilitate
random access.

I've never noticed any computer implementations of dictionary collections
that
offer in-order retrieval by default, although there are sometimes
ordered-dictionary classes which do.

>    dictionary-map
>    dictionary-foreach
>    dictionary-copy!

Personally I desperately want to see how all the collections will be
unified.
I want to see....

collection-map
collection-foreach