Re: gc notes available

> Exactly.  This is what I meant when I wrote the question.  (But it
> seems to me that both you and thi interpreted it differently.  The
> last lines of my letter was supposed to mean: Slowing down Guile a
> little may be worth the cost if it makes Guile useful for new classes
> of tasks, like those dependent upon realtime performance.)

This is the crux of the matter.

Which would people prefer?
1) Guile becomes slower overall, but does not pause noticeable for GC.
2) Guile becomes faster overall, and most GC pauses become
   unnoticable, but does still pause occsionally?

(Mikael, have I correctly represented the choice?)

If a brave soul implements an interface that allows the user to choose
between the two, that's the best.  But I certainly won't discourage
other work while waiting for that.

Failing that, I think 2) is what most of the Guile community wants.