SO name - 3 or 4 ?

I had a quick questions about which was 'correct'.  Should it mirror
the '1.3' and be libguile.so.3, or.. is 4 indeed correct?  I have
taken over maintaining Debian's guile packages, as Karl Hegbloom is
off to Mt. Hood for the winter, skiing.  However, I don't know an
awful lot about it..  I didn't see anything in the makefiles or
changelogs about it, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org