Re: New manual plan

hi,

I think you should write the docs for two separate audiences:

1) those who are interested in using Guile as a "stand-alone",
general-purpose, high-level language (e.g. this describes the bulk of the
Perl communinty).  Most likely, this audience is not interested in either
extending or embedding Guile.  But, they will be interested in other
peoples' extensions.

2) programming gurus (uh, like me ;) who are totally hooked on the
benefits of gluing low-level C extensions together with a high-level
language.  However, these guys may not want to look at the nitty-gritty C
API details right away.  They'll probably be interested in getting a
measure of how Guile/Scheme stacks up against Perl/Python/Tcl, and a basic
understanding of how easy-to-use and powerful the C API is.

So, IMO, you should split the docs in two: the first part should present
Guile as a stand-alone, general-purpose VHLL.  The second should detail
the Guile/C API.

	Jay Glascoe
	jglascoe@jay.giss.nasa.gov