Re: manual plan

I personally need that reference manual very badly, even if it's just a
plain text file: I've just spent this evening deducing the workings of
define-macro by experiment.

Autoconf comes with a standard INSTALL file which maintainers append to.
Guile should do something similar: it should come with a standard tutorial
and function reference, for scheme only. Then when someone plugs guile
into their app thay can take the standard tutorial and reference manuals
and add to them. Agreed, the world will be knee-deep in guile manuals, but
that will be a nice change. (c:

Also, could we mark functions (R5RS) (R4RS) (Guile) so that people know
what to use if they want to write portable scheme?

Ian