Re: Scheme style auto-resizing hashtable (fwd)

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Christian Lynbech wrote:

> Jay> On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> >> I remember a fair number of mentions that someone was porting the STk
> >> object system to Guile, maybe it will even happen some day.
>
> Jay> that's welcome news.
>
> This is (about to get) underways. Mikael Djurfeldt has worked some on
> the low level C stuff, but has currently little time to work on it. I
> am going to start working on it right now, as we really need the extra
> performance.

So has this gotten underway yet?  Another possible object system would be
RScheme's (www.rscheme.org).  I'd be happy with any tclos/MOP/Dylan-esque
system.  Of course, such a system needn't be as complex as CLOS itself (I
don't even care whether the basic Scheme types are part of the class
hierarchy or not).

If you need any help, especially with testing the system (I'm afraid
object system design is well beyond the scope of this hacker), LMK.

	Jay Glascoe
	jglascoe@jay.giss.nasa.gov