Re: libguile & qthreads

David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:

> So.. in my efforts to clean up and respond to all the bug reports
> against guile in Debian, I encountered someone complaining that
> libguile wasn't linked against qthreads.  He got this, when compiling
> gnurobots:
>
> > > /usr/lib/libguile.so: undefined reference to `qt_abort'
> > > /usr/lib/libguile.so: undefined reference to `qt_error'
> > > /usr/lib/libguile.so: undefined reference to `qt_block'
>
> Is this an error in my build process, or... is this gnurobots
> misbehaving?  Sorry to disturb with a less than interesting question,
> but I want to have the best package possible in Debian:-)

It is not an error in your build process. `qt_abort' and friends are
referred to but not defined in libguile.  They are defined in
libqthreads, so the error seems to be that gnurobots doesn't link with
libqthreads.

The correct way to link with guile is to include the output of the
command `guile-config link' in the linking line.

/mdj