Re: Scheme documentation question

Tel <telford@eng.uts.edu.au> writes:

> > Does my proposal addresses this valid point?  I think docstrings
> > should be right in the source, and that with some creativity, no
> > generality will be lost.
>
> Yes, your proposal will do everything that a standard top level
> expression will do so why not do it the easy way and use a top
> level expression. Is it more fun to walk with a millstone hanging from
> your neck or to realise that it is round and roll the thing along?

As others on the list have stated, there are human factors that come
into play.  The theory is that people are more likely to write
documentation if the mechanism for doing so is tightly integrated with
the code itself.  I guess we disagree about whether this theory has
any merit. *shrug*.

-russ

--
Linus's Law:  Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow.
             -- Eric S. Raymond