Re: Matching parentheses in Guile

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> Greg Harvey has written a patch to get Guile to do parenthesis
> matching using a stock readline library.  I can't commit this change
> until the FSF gets a copyright assignment from Greg, but in the
> mean time, I thought people might appreciate it.  (I certainly do. :) )

I never use guile interactively except from within emacs.  I can't get
useful work done without it (dabbrev _rulez_), so if emacs isn't
running, I just start it.

The utility of readline in guile is lost on me; I think it just bloats
the guile core. (ducks from hail of rotten vegetables)

-russ

--
"There are only two industries that refer to their customers
as 'users'."