HELP: Modules and dlopen

I have written half a dozen glue procedures and a couple of smobs that
implement a Postgres interface for guile. I based them on Russ's sybase
interface and Jim's data-rep document. The interface is pretty-much a
one-one mapping from the Postgres client library to guile procedures.

The way I link the code with guile is to use a myguile that calls a
postgres_init function which registers the procedures and smobs. This is
working OK.

What I would prefer though would be to build the postgres glue as a shared
library and have it dlopen()ed or whatever by the ``use-module: (database
postgres)'' clause.

>From discussions on this list it sounds like there is support for this in
guile, though I didn't understand them. Is there any documentation for
this yet? What I'd really like would be to see Jim's image-type smob
example written this way. Can someone do this for me? (It would be useful
for many others too I'm sure. Consider it a beta-test of the
documentation.)

Ian