Re: Questions... I am new to scheme

> > Guile seems ok, but although I finally get it to build on win32 via
> > cygwin (damn autoconf), it's main exe "guile.exe" won't boot right,

The biggest bugbear I had with win32 was also autoconf.
The GNU automatic configuration system of libtool, autoconf and automake
are highly unix specific and it is difficult to isolate bugs because
temporary files are deleted and the process of generating just about
anything is contorted and has no tracability. At some stage, a better
way of configuration should be found, my vote is for something that
uses ``make -k'' rather than shell script.

> > because it invokes boot-9.scm, which wants a function called
> > getpw...  I want to embed it, there will be no need for passwords!
>
> Sounds like some editing of boot-9.scm is in order.  Send patches to
> bug-guile@prep.ai.mit.edu if you figure out how to get it working.
>
> I am forwarding this message to guile@cygnus.com, the guile mailing
> list.  Someone there may be able to help you get guile working
> properly on w32.

I had to rip heaps out of boot-9.scm, I haven't posted patches
since boot-9.scm is not particularly stable itself. Some weeks it
grows, other weeks it shrinks. Anyhow, at least someone seems to be
doing some work on it which is the main thing.

	- Tel