Re: What's after guile-1.4? (was: Re: Questions... I am new to scheme)

    Jay> hi, I hope this isn't flame bait, but IMO guile-1.3 is not
    Jay> (yet!) ready for "mission critical" applications.  For one

What do you mean by "mission critical" ? If it is running some program
daily, with roughly the same size and kind of input data, I would say yes
(here we have such applications for statistical weather forecast).
If it is running from time to time a program with very different data
for each run, I would say no: you are likely to encounter from time to
time stack overflow or such things.

    Jay> thing, as we all know (and, yes, all of us are probably
    Jay> *sick* of hearing this), the docs suck.  Next, my version of
    Jay> UNIX is AIX.  Unfortunately, AIX is a bit weird about dynamic
    Jay> load one of these guys!  (I have other objections, but
    Jay> raising those *would* be flame-bait ;)

I suppose you have some C interface for loading *.so, different from
other ones. You only need to add support for the AIX type of *.so modules
as a file dynl-aix.c (which should be no more than 50 lines code),
after the model in dynl-dl.c etc...

dynl.c includes one of the above dynl-*.c files, and you can ensure
inserting dynl-aix.c through introducing (exemple) #define HAVE_AIX_SHARED.
This is best handled at configure level.

Yes, this should also be in the documentation...

--

B. Urban