Re: What's after guile-1.4? (was: Re: Questions... I am new to scheme)

Per Bothner <bothner@cygnus.com> writes:

 > > Yes, it's with stock scheme code & without declarations.  Stalin does
 > > a lot of heavy duty optimizations, especially type inference.
 >
 > It should be pointed out that Stalin does whole-program analysis
 > - i.e. there is no separate compilation, nor I believe does
 > it have eval, load, or repl.

Yes.  But one could imagine various ways of modifying it to/tricking
it into compiling modules.  And, of course, once you eval or load then
all static analysis is down the tubes, so if did support them it
wouldn't be able to optimize.

--
Harvey J. Stein
BFM Financial Research