Re: Modules and shared libs

Ian Grant wrote:

> I have run into a problem with the Postgres interface. It's that my
> glue is a shared library between guile and a shared library called
> libpq. The present libtool will not build a dlopen()able shared
> library that depends on another shared library, even where it's
> possible to do so.

Thomas Tanner recently added some code to the CVS libtool which tries to
do this.  Currently it only works with linux (I believe), and I am
trying to port it to win32.

We hope to have this working for at least a few platforms before
libtool-1.3 is released (RSN).  You might want to wait for this to
happen, and use libtool to do the dirty work.

I would be interested to hear any experiences you have if you try this.
The repository is at
':pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.gnu.org:/gd/gnu/anoncvsroot'
and the password is blank.

Cheers,