Re: setf.scm

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell McManus <mcmanus@IDT.NET> writes:

Russell> It amazes me that people think that it's so easy to do better
Russell> than CLOS ...

I agree, but I have come to terms with the fact that there are
different views in the different camps.

Mikael> I don't find it strange that we get a better result if we
Mikael> *adapt* CLOS to the Scheme dialect of LISP instead of copying
Mikael> it verbatim.

Which hinges a lot on what "better" means to you.

However, there are good hope that we can get something which will be
rather minimalistic (and thus in good scheme tradition) and thus
relatively easy to mold in one or the other direction.

For instance, using Mikaels idea of removing `define-class' completely
from the core and make by with `(define A (class ....))' allows each
camp to develop their own sugar on top of it, including a real
`defclass' macro with all the bells and whistles.

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrik 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.telebit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)