Re: Suggestion: New Guile mailing list

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 09:39:23AM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:
> So I hope people won't leave, but I think we should stick with one
> list.

There is the lingering technical issue of the current list being as slow
as... something really, really slow (with apologies to Terry Pratchett).

It seems that some conversations take place parallel to the list, with the
most active participants using a growing Cc: list to each other, and the
conversation appearing on the list 4-8 hours later, and sometimes very
out-of-order (I couldn't follow the set! conversation at all).

When is this list going to move to a system that has an MTA and an MLM
that has enough spare cycles to deliver to less then a thousand people in
less then an hour?  I hereby volunteer my time to set up such a thing w/
qmail and ezmlm if there's a system available.  I don't think that the
hypermail archive will present a challenge - I think that's simply doable
as well.

Is sanpietro.guile.org ready to pick up the load?  I've seen mailing lists
of this volume run from behind a 28.8 modem in a more timely fashion, so
if bandwidth is the only objection, I'd like to petition for the list
being moved ASAP.

--
Peter C. Norton                      Time comes into it. / Say it.  Say it.
spacey@pobox.com                   | The Universe is made of stories,

                                     Muriel Rukeyser "The Speed of Darkness"