Re: [ANN]: slimmed down boot-9, revision 1

Greg Harvey writes:
 > >  > 	* transcend.scm: new module, containing the transcendental
 > >  > 	functions
 > >
 > > Does this use functions from M.Galassi et al. 's GNU Scientific library?
 >
 > Nope, and it won't until someone who wants it puts the time into
 > writing it (and I can say, without a shred of doubt, that it means
 > little to me, one way or the other, so it's not likely to be me who
 > writes it).

The GSL offers a few additional functions of the transcendental sort, like
error function, legendre- , bessel-, ... and the like.

 > > Does this new read-line still crash (SIGIOT) guile when used on stdin/out
 > > port when it is in canonical input mode?
 >
 > Dunno... this that thing with the alpha glibc's? That is, or rather
 > was, a glibc bug, apparently the latest versions don't have this
 > problem.
Hmmm need to upgrade glibc to 2.* soonish. Until then, I'll use a hand-
written read-line that is based on iterated read-char. Disadvantage is that
it doesn't update the port.
--
Klaus Schilling