Re: [ANN] text buffers: really alpha release

Russ McManus <russell.mcmanus@gs.com> writes:

> I think guile should natively provide access to dlopen with the
> RTLD_GLOBAL flag (and all the other flags, btw), on systems that
> provide it.

Agreed.  What about giving dynamic-link optional arguments, so that
you can say

    (dynamic-link "libfoo.so" 'global 'lazy)

What should be the defaults?  I think RTLD_GLOBAL should be on by
default because, if I remember right, it's effect is `on' on systems
that don't have the flag (like FreeBSD).