Re: [ANN]: a big pile o' stuff

Maciej Stachowiak <mstachow@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Greg Harvey wrote:
> >
> > the move ice-9 -> guile,
>
> I kind of would like to see 1.3.1 come out without major incompatible
> changes
> between now and then, but I guess the bullet must be bitten sometime.

None of this stuff should even be considered for 1.3.1 (maybe the gc
from about a week ago with a few fixes, but it still hasn't gotten
enough testing to make me truly confident, and the current version
requires some incompatable changes that flit about the sources, which
is why it came to putting up an all-inclusive diff). My impression is
the next version isn't very far off, and I wanted this looked at for a
merge with the devel version after that release is made, where there
isn't a big sense of urgency to get everything together quickly.

I only announced this since I'd already put the code up for Jim to
pick up, so I figured I'd let anyone else interested in playing with
it aware of it's existance. It's probably not for the meek, though ;)

> > moves the symbol-property stuff to symbols.c
> >

> I vote for removing the symbol-property stuff entirely, it is unused by
> guile itself and is redundant with object-properties.

Ditto (really, the source needs a fine toothed combing to root out all
the vestigial stuff).

--
Greg