Re: Guile-gtk (0.14)on FeeeBSD HELP wanted

On FreeBSD 2.2.6+lots-of-local-changes, I use guile-gtk 0.14 with
guile 1.3-current as of a week ago and gtk 1.0.x and it works fine,
except that many of the examples assume gtk-1.1.

I would suggest removing all but one version of gtk and trying again.
I realize this is not specific useful advice, but I have had a number
of problems from having multiple gtk versions on a machine.
[later, I find the problem, and this wasn't it]

  ./build-guile-gtk.in -I . glue  >tmpd && mv tmpd gdk-glue.c

This looks broken; on my system it runs

  ./build-guile-gtk.in -I . glue gdk-1.0.defs >tmpd && mv tmpd gdk-glue.c

I don't understand why it runs build-guile-gtk.in rather than
build-guile-gtk; I suspect that the glue generation part is the same
and it doesn't matter.  But the problem is the lack of a final
gdk-1.0.defs target on the build-guile-gtk

It seems that guile-gtk requires gmake rather than BSD make; if I
remove gdk-glue.c and run BSD make, it loses in the same way your
build attempt did.  This is the first time I've run across an apparent
gmakeism that loses in a non-obvious way; usually it's 'missing an
operator' complaints about an '-include' line.

        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>