Re: Unicode strings

>>>>> "Sascha" == Sascha Ziemann <szi@aibon.ping.de> writes:

Sascha> what is the current state of Unicode support in Guile?  Is it
Sascha> possible to work with Unicode strings?  And how can those
Sascha> source files be edited?

I don't recall seeing a reply to this.

As far as I know, Unicode support in Guile is still just a wish-list
item.  There isn't any real support that I know of.

Note that it is important to distguish between the character set you
use for your source files, the charset used internally in Guile, and
the charset used for random data files used by your program.  All
three can be different.

So, for instance, you might choose to edit in Latin-1 and have Guile
convert your script to Unicode when reading.  You could perhaps use
escapes of some sort to embed random Unicode characters in strings and
such.  This is the approach most people take when writing Java
programs

Or, you could find a Unicode editor.

Tom