Re: libguile and readline

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     In addition, I've seen some contributed add-on on the guile developper
>     site that uses a stronly copylefted library and still gives the exception
>     permission, so this has been done illegally? (A. Archibald's gdbm module)
>
> I don't think it is illegal for him to put this exception on his code,
> but for us to distribute it with the exception is asking for trouble.
> Jimb, could you please ask him to remove it?

Just to clarify, the license I had was indeed legal, but was also
misleading, since linking with my code did not bring a program under
the GPL, but did imply linking gdbm, which did.  I have a fixed
version here; where shall I upload it?  ftp.red-bean.com seems the
obvious place, but its incoming directory is not writable by
anonymous.  It is also not linked to from www.red-bean.com (that I
could see).

Sorry for the confusion,
Andrew