Re: thread local variables

Per Bothner <bothner@cygnus.com> writes:

> > I've been reading up on MzScheme's handling of thread local variables,
> > and they have a very neat system.
>
> One problem is that this is inconsistent with the getter/setter
> paradigm we argued over a while ago.  Rather than:
> 	(current-output-port)
> 	(current-output-port P);  MzScheme - set (current-output-port) to P
> the plan is to do:
> 	(current-output-port)
> 	(set! (current-output-port) P)

Oh, yes.  Isn't the MzScheme way more 'Schemely' than the one we've
decided on?  It doesn't add any unnecessary features, but relies on
tried and true Scheme closures.

And everyone knows that 'Schemeliness' trumps all other arguments, so
I suggest that we drop the overloaded set! for parameters, and use the
MzScheme set of procedures.

;^)

-russ

--