Re: [RFD] Guile projects page

pate@networksunlimited.com (Pat Eyler) writes:

> > Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:
> >
> [ and Russ wrote ]
> > > I've been thinking about starting a comprehensive projects page (both
> > > for ongoing modifications to the core and addons).
> >
> > I would check with Pat Eyler; he has done good work in the past in
> > this area and he might be willing to help.
>
> thanks for the good word.
>
> i've just recently gotten myself more or less back on line after a
> job change, so i've not been keeping as up to date on things as i
> should have.  is this something you'd like to get into the red-bean
> guile web pages?  or something that you'd like to host on your own?
>
> i'd like to try and keep most of the information about guile in one
> main tree (maybe mirrored on other servers).  we've already had enough
> confusion between the gno.org and the red-bean sites.

I'd definately prefer to have it on red-bean; I don't have an awful
lot of disk space at my site, and the only way to get dynamic content
is through php (ick!). I've been wondering if there might already be a
package out there that can handle what I had in mind (most
importantly, allowing entries to be updated by whoever's working on
the project; that way, it's more likely to be up to date, and won't
become a ton of work for one person).

It might not be a bad idea to put a patches page at red-bean, as well
(kinda like I have at http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/patches
but nicer :).