Initial projects list

Though I'd eventually like to see a site where the authors can control
their own information on the website (it doesn't exist yet, so no need
to go looking :), I've compiled a preliminary list of extensions,
applications and core projects for guile, since this will be much
easier to setup. It would be nice to get some comments from the
authors on the status of the project, e-mail addresses (if the author
wants that information made available on the web page), whether you
want it to be listed or not, etc...

Note: I can't get through to the linuxbox.com sites (kinda sucks, as
I'd like to check out the html editor)... any alternate sites for
those?

Known guile projects:

Addons:

guile-gtk: http://www.ping.de/sites/zagadka/guile-gtk/; interface to
	   gtk from guile; Author: Marius Vollmer

sybguile: http://idt.net/~mcmanus/; bindings for Sysbase's dblib; Author: Russ
	  McManus

guile-pg: http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/ig206/guile-pg; interface to
	  PostgreSQL from guile; Author: Ian Grant

guile-hobbit: ftp://ftp.red-bean.com/pub/guile/contrib; a scheme->c
	      compiler for guile; Author: Bernard Urban

Sart: http://helga.zesoi.fer.hr/~silovic/sart/; a guile library for
      raytracing and high-complexity 3d modelling; Author:
      Miroslav Silovic.

Feast: http://feast.linuxbox.com; an extensible game toolkit; Author:
       Lalo Martins

Text buffers: http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile; supposed to be
     an implementation of text buffers for guile, the current release
     is far too buggy to be used; Author: Greg Harvey (with a bag over
     my head).

Applications:

scwm: http://huis-clos.mit.edu/scwm/; an X11 window manager,
      configurable and  extensible via guile; Authors: Maciej
      Stachowiak, Greg Badros

galway html editor: http://erin.linuxbox.com/galway; an html editor
       based on guile-gtk; Author: Ariel Rios

Sula Primerix: http://members.xoom.com/sprimerix; An irc client,
     extensible via guile; Author: Tano Fotang?

Scirc: http://webserver.de/forcer/scirc.html; An irc client, written
       in guile; Author: forcer

greg: http://www.gnu.org/software/greg; A testing framework built
      around guile (what's even more of a coincidence is that this was
      a sort of wishlist thing for me... too cool :); Author: Richard
      Frith-Macdonald

Gush: http://www.gnu.org/software/gush/gush.html; a shell built around
      guile (is this an appropriate description?); Author: Gordon
      Matzigkeit.

Core Projects:

A new file buffering implementation: anyone working on this?

Object system: progress?

Module system: anyone even thinking about working on this sometime in
the near future?

Bytecode compiler: status?

Posix threads: status?

Documentation: I'm trying to get something going here; what about the
	       official docs?

Garbage collector/boot9-slimming/whatever else occurs to me:
	http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile; Shameless self
	promotion; Author: Me

--
Greg