Initial projects list

 > Posix threads: status?

I've done little hack for POSIX Thread Support last year.  The design
was: not introducing parallel GC, but synchronizing all threads at GC.
It should be available at:
	ftp://akebono.etl.go.jp/project/guile-pthread-19980622.diff

After the first implementation, I've found that we have to define the
behavior of signal handler with threads, and did a little survey for
signal handling in scripting languages (please check Guile mailing
list archive).

Project would go with following steps:

(1) Define signal handling with threads, changing the semantics.
(2) Change Guile according to the design of (1), which may remove all
    DEFER_INTS.
(3) Introduce POSIX Threads Support.  It will open some critical regions
    unprotected, and/or result dead locks.
(4) Protect critical regions unprotected, resolve dead locks.

Step #3 is not so hard, but step #2 results many changes in the code
base of Guile, and it also change the way how to write code for guile.
Before introducing such major change, we should have consensus
somewhat.

I'll write for proposed change of singal handling in Guile and why it
is required.  Umm...  Around end of March, perhaps.

Regards,
--
Niibe Yutaka