Re: Initial projects list

On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 09:54:38AM +0100, Klaus Schilling wrote:
>forcer writes:
> > One big part not done yet is the user interface. Since i'm a console
> > junkie... is there a guile-ncurses project (IIRC, there was a ncurses
> > module for SCM?), and if yes, what's it's status?
>
>I've written something that looks remotely like curses stubs for guile,
>but it seems to lack portability (seems restricted to GNU?Linux/libc5.*),
>besides other bugs. It's independant from Jaffer's and Leveling's SCM
>curses stubs. I never succeeded in compiling SCM properly, so can't figure
>the status of the curses support for SCM.

Could you give a link to that?

>Someone here already proposed a common user interface description project
>for guile that would be snarved from CLIM

*drool* that would be way cool... i'd love to have something like
that.
How about a GSIM (Guile Scheme Interface Manager..) ... okok, but i
may dream, ok? ;)

>This would allow to support different display types from the same stubs.
>Another approach, used by my 'Naos', is to device a simple protocol that can
>be used by different types of clients which care for the display.

That's what i'm doing right now.
Communication is done via UNIX domain sockets using a (read)able
protocol, and the current user interface will be done by a ncurses
program in C, though i'd prefer one in Scheme.
	-forcer

--
((email . "forcer@mindless.com")       (www . "http://webserver.de/forcer/")
 (irc   . "forcer@#StarWars (IRCnet)") (pgp . "key available on my website"))