Re: Guile project submissions draft

thi <ttn@mingle.glug.org> writes:

> Greg Harvey writes:
>
>  > Just pick the one that's the best fit...
>
> this is always debatable.  look at guile.  is it a library?  is it an
> application?  does it do networking?  what is "best"?!

Guile can have it's own catagory :'). Freshmeat gives it
Development/Languages, which is certainly more fitting than
networking. Yeah, guile does networking; there are very few useful
scripting/extension languages that don't, so to put every scripting
language under networking (and databases, graphics, system
administration, etc...) doesn't make things much easier to find... you
just have to try and sift through the same things multiple times to
actually find the networking (or database...) application you were
looking for. This would suck.

> to support multiple views, lisp sources in the emacs distribution use
> keywords -- perhaps that approach is applicable here?

I think that's a better way to solve the problem.

--
Greg