Re: guile-gtk rpm?

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Anyway, I'm planning to merge guile-gtk with gnome-guile completely.
> The resulting package would work with and without GNOME, of course.
> Would that help?  (I'm not sure how to name the merged package.
> gnome-guile seems to be wrong because it implies a dependency on the
> base gnome libs.)

I know to little about this to know whether this is a relevant
question, but

Let's assume that we have a system S with two users U1 and U2.

Gnome libs are available on S.

U1 is using gnome.
U2 isn't using gnome at all.  (There's no trace of gnome in his
environment.)

U1 and U2 both want to compile and use programs with your new package.

Will this work?

/mdj