Re: Any examples of modules using GOOPS?

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:

> Jee, guys... you're really [we have an expression in Swedish which
> literally translates to "hot on the porridge".  What is that in
> English?].

Probably "quick on the draw" (or maybe "Really very cool, how about I
make you some porridge?" ;')

> How did you discover this code?

It was being generated as one of the auto cvs snapshots a while back,
so I did a few cvs checkout guile-(g)oop(s), until one produced some
code ;).

> (I promise to answer questions about it when it has been released, but
> I can't promise that now.)

No biggie, I'm not planning on doing anything major with it right now,
just making sure that I keep from making changes that break it (and,
of course, it's always great to have a new toy to fiddle around with
;). It is tremendously cool, though; excellent job :)

> > next bit that'll bite you after you change that, you need to use
> > guile's #: style keywords;
>
> Note that it of course also is possible to do
>
>   (read-set! keywords 'prefix)
>
> and use : style keywords.

Of course, but I do think it's better style to use `#:' keywords; `#:'
implies this thing is specially interpreted by the reader, which makes
much more sense than symbols being special because they start with `:'
(even though that's traditional lisp, tradition is sometimes a very
stupid thing).

--
Greg