Re: Bug in (read-line)

Gary Houston <ghouston@easynet.co.uk> writes:

> | by the use of chars (so #\377 will give you two <eof>'s). The result
> | of your tests with the new ports stuff:
> |
> | guile> (test #\177)
> | (#\ . #\)
> | guile> (test #\200)
> | (#\-200 . #\-200)
> | guile> (test #\377)
> | (#<eof> . #<eof>)
>
> Yeah, it was broken.  Going through ports.h:struct scm_port_table and
> changing all char * fields to unsigned char * seems to be enough to
> fix it.

Actually, you'll still get pretty much the same results with the test,
since everything but the buffer is still treating things as a char (so
you have to wonder; wholesale change to unsigned char for
strings/characters, or a new type of string? Personally, I've never
seen the point of a using a signed character, since it will always end
up biting you)... in any case, the important bit right now is that the
new ports stuff, with or without uchar buffers, is consistent with
itself.

--
Greg