readline strategies?

Hello,

Now that readline support has been removed from libguile due to
copyright conflicts, is the support going to appear in some other
libguile-gpled?  For my code which is GPL compadible, should I copy
the libguile/readline.c and include as part of my code?

Also, the base guile interpreter was getting pretty useful for
interactive work, but not without readline.  Since guile.c seems to be
gpled without the exception, is it going to appear separately with
readline RSN?

Thanks,

Clark