Re: readline problems

    I wrote:

    >> It's likely that I'm missing something,

    >> -- User initialization functions can only be called after
    >> boot-9 has been loaded.  This makes it impossible to initialize
    >> a readline feature from a user library without also overriding
    >> boot-9's (top-repl).  I get around it by copying the relavent
    >> sections of boot-9.scm to my-boot-9.scm and loading it in
    >> my_init_readline, but it seems clumsy.

Indeed I had missed something.  It's not necessary to include a new
definition of top-repl when init_readline is called, all that is
required is to call:

    gh_eval_str(
	"(if (isatty? (current-input-port))"
	"    (begin"
	"      (define-module (guile) :use-module (ice-9 readline))"
	"      (define-module (guile-user) :use-module (ice-9 readline))))");

I added this to init_readline and the top-repl is happy.

Cheers,

Clark