Interested in GOOPS

Hello,

The announcement of GOOPS drew my attention, however I don't know
where to mail my questions properly, so that's why they end up here..

What does guile offer for object oriented programming already, and
what is goops changing to that? Is it introducing a completely new
language, or just an extension ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Tijs van Bakel