Re: global variables & data tags (a la X-Windows callbacks)

 > From: Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de>
 > Date: Tue  May  4, 11:14pm
 >
 > robertb@continuumsi.com (Robert Brown) writes:
 >
 > > Perhaps to avoid any lack-of-backward-compatibility, a new set of C
 > > functions could be devised?:
 >
 > I'm fairly certain that your proposed functions can be implemented on
 > top of the existing stuff, using compiled closures, but I've never
 > done that.  Maybe I'll surprise you with some code tomorrow, but don't
 > count on it.
 >
 > - Marius

Actually, I'm attempting to work around the problem via object-properties.
If this works, then my proposal will not be necessary.

(So far, though, it's become fairly messy.  As I was telling someone else,
I was hoping to "evolve" the code towards embedded-Scheme.  It would be
too much work to make everything "smob-able" given the size of the C
program and this proposed (I guess) emulation of closures in C would ease
the transition.  ("Smob-ification" would have been a lot easier if I could
have used SWIG, but apparently Guile support has been pulled.))

--
Robert Brown                        |         Continuum Software, Inc.
email:robertb@continuumsi.com       | 800 West Cummings Park, Ste 4950