Re: c++ -> guile threading

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Greg Harvey wrote:

> > > (I have no idea about threads stuff ;)
>
> I'd like to stress that once again :). I was thinking that the current
> module would (and probably should) be local to the thread, but this is
> not the case. Trying to figure out how to do it does make for a nice
> little mind bending problem ;), but I think the only way you could do
> this would be to make the various module variables into fluids, or
> something similar.

Fluids?  Fluids?  Ahhhhhh!

Oh well at the moment I'm probably going to encapsulate all the
command&control functions into a class, and write a "hardcoded"
(unscriptable) version for now...  Then I can investigate plugging in
guile or tcl or perl or whatever as subclasses...  I really like guile,
but implementation problems are getting to be a bit much.  However since
people are working on these problems (OS threading and environments) it
looks like guile IS moving towards what I need it to do...  I just isn't
there yet.

           -------------- tetron@student.umass.edu -------------
           ------- http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~tetron -------