Using async's in Guile.

I am attempting to use async's in Guile (I am actually writing a small
thread emulation system).

It appears that the functions:

async
async-mark
run-asyncs

are designed for user-controlled asynchronous events, where one part of the
code might mark an async to run, and it only gets run when run-asyncs is
called.

Is this a correct assessment?

It appears that if you want the system to run your asynchronous events for
you, you must use:

system-async
system-async-mark
set-switch-rate
set-tick-rate

What I would like is to be able to mark an asynchronous event, and have it
execute after some amount of time.

It seems, however, no matter what my switch-rate and tick-rate are, marking
an async immediately causes it to run.

I am examining the Guile source for more info.

Anyone have any pointers?

When I do figure this out, would it be worth it to write a tutorial on using
these async functions?  I didn't find them documented in the current CVS
tree.  If I did write such documentation, where would it belong?

--
         -  bkuhn@ebb.org  -  Bradley M. Kuhn  -  bkuhn@gnu.org  -
                          http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn