Re: Is guile byte-code compiled?

forcer <forcer@mindless.com> writes:

> > You're right that Guile is forced to do stack-copying (although it
> > might actually be possible to do less copying if we easily could
> > determine where the current continuation and the one to call "split").
>
> hmm..
> Can't that information be added to the continuation at call/cc-time?

I don't understand.  Note that in order to know where they split, you
have to know how far from the bottom the stacks are identical.  This
is a function of the recent history of calls and returns on the
current stack...

(I think I actually was near to an efficient solution a year ago or
 so (I remember explaining it to my supervisor in the canteen :), but,
 unfortunately I didn't write it down...)

/mdj